|NL | AL-O | AL | AAA-E/V | AAA-OAK/SFJ | 6FT-OAK/SFJ | A/R-OAK/SFJ | REC|
Payment Registry | Pay For Roster Slot | Bird's Eye View Schedule | N.L. Playoff Brackets
MoneyTree collects 2nd championship
SUN 12/21 (9:30PM) -- The Yay eliminated the SJ Kidz, but then lost to the Money Tree Prodigies, giving MoneyTree its 2nd championship in 3 seasons. We hope to have more details, a team photo, and other updates soon.
MoneyTree reaches championship
MON 12/1 (3:45PM) -- Matt Lee scored 21 points on 5-for-6 from downtown to help lead MoneyTree over the Yay. This means the single-elim status Prodigies have reached the one-and-done (because they are single-elim) championship, tentatively scheduled for Sun 12/21. Check out the NL Playoff Brackets (link above).
Meanwhile in the Losers Bracket, we await the Wildcatz vs Dragon Rouge, the winner of which will face the SJ Kidz, the winner of which will face the aforementioned Yay. Right now, it looks like that Yay game will also occur on 12/21, which means the Catz/DrRg/Kidz two-step must occur before 12/21. We're figuring that out with the captains as we speak.
Interestingly, the last time the Prodigies reached the championship (two seasons ago when they won it), they also only had single-elimination status.
Playoff matchups for 11/16 determined
WED 11/12 (10:00PM) -- I just took a look at the remaining playoff schedule and we might be running into a roadblock soon... More info
WED 11/12 (9:30PM) -- Here are the explanations for home/away for 11/16. First off, here's the mileage for each team.
MON 11/10 (9:30PM) -- So the Wildcatz got bounced to the Losers Bracket after losing in OT to the MTP (Money Tree Prodigies). Since there's no other teams in the Losers Bracket yet, the Wildcatz will sit on 11/16. Meanwhile, MTP faces the SJ Kidz and the Yay vs Dragon Rouge.
Playoffs Round 1 for 11/9 determined
TUE 11/4 (1:00PM) -- So it looks like MoneyTree's 6-point win over Game Time on 10/26 and Game Time's loss to the SJ Kidz on 11/2 had some impact on the seedings... More info
SJ Kidz can snatch #1 seed
TUE 10/28 (11:15AM) -- I'm not sure it really matters, but the Kidz and Dragon Rouge are deadlocked in the Eastern Conference with 6-1 and 7-1 records, respectively. The Kidz won the head-to-head, 63-62, in the opening week of the season, so if the Kidz can beat Game Time in the last game of the season this weekend, the Kidz will earn the #1 seed heading into the playoffs... More info
Auto-forfeits for 10/26
SAT 10/25 (11:15AM) -- Updated below. WED 10/22 (8:00AM) -- The following teams are at risk of auto-forfeiting this Sunday 10/26...
Again, online payments made after Friday midnight will not even be checked. For the sake of your team, clear up any discrepancies before then, not at tipoff.
- SJ Kidz: 7th game on 10/26, 6 slots paid, $98 due before tipoff
- Dragon Rouge: 8th game on 10/26, 7 slots paid, $93 due before tipoff
- The Yay: 8th game on 10/26, 7 slots paid, $93 due before tipoff
- MoneyTree: 8th game on 10/26, 7 slots paid, $93 due before tipoff
- Wildcatz: 8th game on 10/26, 7 slots paid, $93 due before tipoff
- Hotshots: 8th game on 10/26, 6 slots paid, $244 due before tipoff ($800 total for season needed)
- At risk next week: SJ Kidz (8th game on 11/2)
Matchups for 10/26 determined
TUE 10/21 (7:30PM) -- The Hotshots captain contacted me to say that whomever reported the Hotshots vs Yay score reported it reversed (it was my Sequoia scorekeeper who texted me it wrong). So check back on the roadmap here for the corrected standings. The error does not change the matchups for 10/26... More info
TUE 10/21 (11:30AM) -- After tallying up all the homecourts, in which I did not include forfeits where one team didn't show up at all or where one team had a doubleheader (2 games at the same gym on the same Sunday counts as 1 trip to that gym), I changed around the matchups so that it could be more based on standings and less on geography.
Auto-forfeits for 10/19
SAT 10/18 (11:30AM) -- Auto-forfeit list updated below. THU 10/16 (8:00PM) -- The following teams are at risk of auto-forfeiting this Sunday 10/19. Remember, only online payments made by Friday midnight count, and you must make sure the scorekeeper receives and acknowledges your payment on paper if you pay on-site by cash or check. Also, we do not give out change and overpayments cannot be extended to other slots -- it's too much bookkeeping for me to do. Finally, please refrain from calling me on the spot. Take care of your responsibilities well ahead of time, study the Payment Registry now, not at tipoff.
Also, as we approach playoffs, know this: (1) I will automatically forfeit teams when I start scheduling next Tuesday, if they are not fully paid and are about to enter playoffs, and (2) only bring as many players as slots paid -- for example, if you have 9 players, you're supposed to pay for 9 slots and I will not even bother scheduling teams into the playoffs if 8 slots are paid, but the 9th and/or 10th are not...
The Payment Registry will next be updated Saturday morning.
- SJ Kidz: 6th game on 10/19, 4 slots paid, $97x2=$194 due before tipoff
- Dragon Rouge: 7th game on 10/19, 6 slots paid, $92 due before tipoff
- Yay: 7th game on 10/19, 6 slots paid, $92 due before tipoff
- MoneyTree Prodigies: 6th and 7th games on 10/19, 5 slots paid, $184 due before tipoff
- Wildcatz: 7th game on 10/19, 5 slots paid, $184 due before tipoff
- Hotshots: 6th game on 10/19, 5 slots paid, $92 due before tipoff
Forfeit factory, mid-season catchup
TUE 10/14 (6:00PM) -- Just doing a quickie look at the updated standings here and noticing that this past Sunday, we had a double-forfeit with MTP/Hot, in which only 3 players on each team showed. Apparently Hot thought the game was at 2pm instead of 1:30pm, but everybody else at Sequoia got there on time that day. Also, Game Time only had 3 players and had to pickup 2 guys from a previous AAA game. Btw, looks like Bomb Squad made a great pickup of Vince Chooi and he was scoring a lot, but Bomb Squad lost another close one to the resurgent Dragon Rouge, which is playing well with their chemistry despite the early season loss of big man Daniel Gusner to an ACL injury... More info
Auto-forfeits for 10/12
SAT 10/11 (1:30AM) -- Remember, online payments after Fri 10/10 at 11:59PM aren't counted because it results in more work for me to chase that down. The following teams are at risk for auto-forfeiting their 10/12 game...
Make sure your payment is written and initialed off by you directly on the front of the scoresheet.
- SJ Kidz: 5th game on 10/12, 4 slots paid, $96 due before tipoff.
- Wildcatz: 6th game on 10/12, 5 slots paid, $91 due before tipoff.
- Hotshots: 5th game on 10/12, 4 slots paid, $91 due before tipoff.
Auto-forfeits for 10/5
SAT 10/3 (9:00AM) -- Updated. No more online payments will be counted towards 10/5, so here's what we got for tomorrow...
FRI 10/3 (8:00AM) -- Here are the teams at risk of auto-forfeiting this Sunday 10/5. Remember that online payments made only as of Fri 10/3 at 11:59PM will count towards those due on 10/5...
- SJ Kidz: 4th game on 10/5, 3 slots paid, $95 due before tipoff
- Dragon Rouge: 5th game on 10/5, 4 slots paid, $90 due before tipoff
- Wildcatz: 5th game on 10/5, 4 slots paid, $90 due before tipoff
- Hotshots: 4th game on 10/5, 2 slots paid, $180 due before tipoff
- Bomb Squad: 6th game on 10/5, 4 slots paid, $180 due before tipoff
I hope to have more positive news with a mid-season recap article soon. I already wrote one for 6FT, but I won't be free until late afternoon Fri again to write anything, so we can only hope I have the energy to muster one up soon.
Auto-forfeits have finally caught up to you
FRI 9/26 (8:00AM) -- I mean, you had to know this was coming. Thanks to Big Tony's efforts with the standings, I can now figure out who owes how many payments. First off, here are the ground rules:
SO HERE ARE THE TEAMS THAT COULD BE AUTO-FORFEITED THIS SUNDAY:
- All payments must be made before tipoff. None of this, "Oh it's in the car, I'll get it after the game." Heard that one a million times. We're in an age of an ATM on every block. Go down the block. We'll see you soon. Oh and btw, if we have to wait for you, then the pro-rated 7-minute quarter time kicks in. Your opponent's not gonna be happy about that.
- All payments must be made in full. It's $94 for SJ/RWC-based teams and $89 for SF/OAK-based teams this week. Scorekeepers have been instructed not to accept anything less than $94 or $89. And they will not carry change.
- Any online payments must be accompanied by a printed receipt of the Google Checkout payment and given to the scorekeeper. This saves the scorekeeper from calling the commish, who would have to look up the payment receipt in his email inbox, which takes time, which will eat away at your game.
- All payments must be accurately recorded on the front of your scoresheet. If it doesn't, then I have no record of the payment, and your team might end up still owing your slot next week, at $1 more to boot.
- We don't care who pays for your teammate's slot. If you don't want to cover your teammate's spot, then the whole team suffers with the auto-forfeit. We're certainly not in the mood to be left holding the bag.
Bomb Squad player issued 2 techs
- Dragon Rouge: 4th game on 9/28, 2 slots paid, $89 x 2 due before tipoff.
- Hotshots: 3rd game on 9/28, 2 slots paid, $89 due before tipoff.
- The Yay: 4th game on 9/28, 2 slots paid, $89 x 2 due before tipoff.
- Bomb Squad: 5th game on 9/28, 2 slots paid, $89 x 3 due before tipoff.
WED 9/24 (8:00AM) -- There was an incident last Sunday 9/21 where Bomb Squad's Rob Cuenca had unsportsmanlike conduct after an altercation with Game Time's Shin Iwata chasing a ball out of bounds. After discussion with the scorekeepers and refs, it was determined that Cuenca would receive two technical fouls for the incident. There were no punches thrown, and as far as we know, no major logistical interruptions were caused by the incident, so a suspension was ruled out. Remember that once a player accrues four technical fouls, he is automatically suspended one game.
N.L. season schedule roadmap
WED 9/24 (8:00AM) -- The N.L. roadmap has been slightly modified since the last post... More info
TUE 9/9 (12:30PM) -- The season schedule roadmap for N.L. will not post until I finish adding the Hotshots. Check the other divisions' roadmaps for an idea on when playoffs are.