|NL | AL-O | AL | AAA-E/V | AAA-OAK/SFJ | 6FT-OAK/SFJ | A/R-OAK/SFJ | REC|
Payment Registry | Pay For Roster Slot | Bird's Eye View Schedule | A.L. Playoff Brackets
Oakland Rams seize A.L. championship
SUN 1/11 (2:00PM) -- The Oakland Rams won successive games against the Winners Bracket survivor Got-Em, one on 12/21 then on 1/11 after the winter break, to seize the championship away from Got-Em. It would have been the franchise Got-Em's 3rd consecutive championship after winning the AAA-P Oakland, then the AAA-Elite, the past two seasons. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe this is the Oakland Rams' first championship after getting very close on multiple occasions in the past, dating as far back as to the inception of the A.L. in Oakland (the Bay Area Heads won that one) and the season in which Ross Lim tore his ACL. We hope to have more details, a team photo, and other updates soon.
Championship vs Got-Em pushed back to 12/21
TUE 12/2 (12:30PM) -- The playoff bracket has been updated. I know Got-Em might not be happy with this, but remember, it's not about keeping one team happy. It's about keeping them all happy or a majority of them at least. One of UIS's players is on dreamleague's traveling tourney team and we are headed to NYC for a big tourney on 12/14.
That means the Last Losers Bracket Game involving the winner of UIS/Rams vs All Day will occur on 12/21, then the winner of that game will play Got-Em in the championship, thus preserving the Winners Bracket advantage for Got-Em of not having to play a doubleheader.
That also means UIS and Rams need to figure out when to play their game, otherwise it will be a potential triple-header for them on 12/21, as I don't really feel it's fair to push the entire bracket back any further. Thus far, UIS has proposed Sat Dec 20 in the morning as a possible alternative to the potential triple-header.
Playoff matchups for 11/16 determined
WED 11/12 (10:00PM) -- The following will be the average miles traveled per week AFTER the 11/16 games are played... More info
TUE 11/11 (1:00AM) -- ZerOne upset Up In Smoke to send UIS to the Losers Bracket. Meanwhile, All Day got by 2449 Squad, so now there are just two teams in the Losers Bracket for 11/16: UIS vs 2449 Squad. Since both of those teams are based out of SF, that game will probably be in SF.
Matchups for 11/2 determined
TUE 10/28 (12:45PM) -- For 11/2, we're once again matching up by standings with ZerOne this time taking the bye. Barring gym issues, all games will be held in SF because the SF teams have had to travel down to RWC to face the Pandas and ZerOne all season. I will re-balance the commutes starting 11/9 when we embark on the playoffs, as best as I can, but keep in mind that the Pandas and ZerOne are driving up from SJ, even to RWC, so those two teams will probably still be at RWC... More info
Auto-forfeits for 10/26
WED 10/22 (8:00AM) -- The following teams are at risk of auto-forfeiting this Sunday 10/26...
Again, online payments made after Friday midnight will not even be checked. For the sake of your team, clear up any discrepancies before then, not at tipoff.
- Got-Em: 7th game on 10/26, 6 slots paid, $93 due before tipoff
- Gamerz AL: 7th game on 10/26, 6 slots paid, $93 due before tipoff
- At risk next week: All Day (7of8), Oakland Rams (7of8), Up In Smoke (7of8)
Matchups for 10/19 determined
TUE 10/21 (12:15PM) -- So as it turns out, the Rams vs All Day game was really more like the e-1st vs w-1st template matchup, so I guess we had a little typo last week. Therefore, since that game essentially got moved up to this past Sunday 10/19, what we do now is matchups by standings, skipping the Rams and All Day wherever they may be in the standings. And the Pandas have the "natural" bye. So with the Pandas, Rams, and All Day sitting out 10/26, we have this for 10/26... More info
Auto-forfeits for 10/19
THU 10/16 (7:45PM) -- The following teams are at risk of auto-forfeiting this Sunday 10/19. Remember, only online payments made by Friday midnight count, and you must make sure the scorekeeper receives and acknowledges your payment on paper if you pay on-site by cash or check. Also, we do not give out change and overpayments cannot be extended to other slots -- it's too much bookkeeping for me to do. Finally, please refrain from calling me on the spot. Take care of your responsibilities well ahead of time, study the Payment Registry now, not at tipoff.
Also, as we approach playoffs, know this: (1) I will automatically forfeit teams when I start scheduling next Tuesday, if they are not fully paid and are about to enter playoffs, and (2) only bring as many players as slots paid -- for example, if you have 9 players, you're supposed to pay for 9 slots and I will not even bother scheduling teams into the playoffs if 8 slots are paid, but the 9th and/or 10th are not...
The Payment Registry will next be updated Saturday morning.
- Oakland Rams: 7th game on 10/19, 6 slots paid, $92 due before tipoff
- All Day: 7th game on 10/19, 6 slots paid, $92 due before tipoff
- Other teams that have fewer than 8 slots paid (future auto-forfeit warning): Got-Em, Gamerz AL, Up In Smoke
A.L. mid-season catchup
TUE 10/14 (11:15PM) -- Here's a mid-season "catchup"... More info
A.L. roadmap updated for 10/19, etc.
TUE 10/14 (11:00PM) -- Updated again, see article. (6:45PM) -- Sometime last week All Day asked for a bye on 10/26, which was easy to do. So All Day will play either the Gmrz or Rams (depends on standings) on 10/19... More info
Auto-forfeits for 10/12
SAT 10/11 (1:15AM) -- Remember, online payments after Fri 10/10 at 11:59PM aren't counted because it results in more work for me to chase that down. The following teams are at risk for auto-forfeiting their 10/12 game...
Make sure your payment is written and initialed off by you directly on the front of the scoresheet.
- All Day: 6th game on 10/12, 5 slots paid, $91 due before tipoff.
- Oakland Rams: 6th game on 10/12, 5 slots paid, $91 due before tipoff.
- Gamerz AL: 6th game on 10/12, 5 slots paid, $91 due before tipoff.
Auto-forfeits for 10/5
SAT 10/3 (9:00AM) -- Updated. No more online payments will be counted towards 10/5, so here's what we got for tomorrow...
FRI 10/3 (8:00AM) -- Here are the teams at risk of auto-forfeiting this Sunday 10/5. Remember that online payments made only as of Fri 10/3 at 11:59PM will count towards those due on 10/5...
- All Day: 5th game on 10/5, 4 slots paid, $90 due before tipoff
- Oakland Rams: 5th game on 10/5, 4 slots paid, $90 due before tipoff
- Gamerz: 5th game on 10/5, 4 slots paid, $90 due before tipoff
- Up In Smoke: 5th game on 10/5, 4 slots paid, $90 due before tipoff
I hope to have more positive news with a mid-season recap article soon. I already wrote one for 6FT, but I won't be free until late afternoon Fri again to write anything, so we can only hope I have the energy to muster one up soon.
Auto-forfeits have finally caught up to you
FRI 9/26 (8:00AM) --
I mean, you had to know this was coming. Hey, you guys are actually on track here, although there is still risk of auto-forfeiting. Pat on the back to the AL! Thanks to Big Tony's efforts with the standings, I can now figure out who owes how many payments. First off, here are the ground rules:
SO HERE ARE THE TEAMS THAT COULD BE AUTO-FORFEITED THIS SUNDAY:
- All payments must be made before tipoff. None of this, "Oh it's in the car, I'll get it after the game." Heard that one a million times. We're in an age of an ATM on every block. Go down the block. We'll see you soon. Oh and btw, if we have to wait for you, then the pro-rated 7-minute quarter time kicks in. Your opponent's not gonna be happy about that.
- All payments must be made in full. It's $94 for SJ/RWC-based teams and $89 for SF/OAK-based teams this week. Scorekeepers have been instructed not to accept anything less than $94 or $89. And they will not carry change.
- Any online payments must be accompanied by a printed receipt of the Google Checkout payment and given to the scorekeeper. This saves the scorekeeper from calling the commish, who would have to look up the payment receipt in his email inbox, which takes time, which will eat away at your game.
- All payments must be accurately recorded on the front of your scoresheet. If it doesn't, then I have no record of the payment, and your team might end up still owing your slot next week, at $1 more to boot.
- We don't care who pays for your teammate's slot. If you don't want to cover your teammate's spot, then the whole team suffers with the auto-forfeit. We're certainly not in the mood to be left holding the bag.
Note: Purefoods' captain is our SJ commish and there is no doubt in my mind he will end up scorekeeping a ton of games that will cover the entire team's spot.
- All Day: 4th game on 9/28, 3 slots paid, $89 due before tipoff.
- Oakland Rams: 4th game on 9/28, 3 slots paid, $89 due before tipoff.
- Gamerz: 4th game on 9/28, 3 slots paid, $89 due before tipoff.
- Up In Smoke: 4th game on 9/28, 3 slots paid, $89 due before tipoff.
A.L. season schedule roadmap
WED 9/24 (8:00AM) -- The A.L. roadmap has been slightly modified since the last post.
TUE 9/9 (12:30PM) -- Here's the season schedule roadmap for the A.L. (finally!)... More info