|NL | AL-O | AL | AAA-E/V | AAA-OAK/SFJ | 6FT-OAK/SFJ | A/R-OAK/SFJ | REC|
Payment Registry | Pay For Roster Slot | Bird's Eye View Schedule
SF Warriors hold off TL Bombers to take AAA-SFJ
SUN 12/7 (9:00PM) -- In another duel that went down to the wire with a forced Repeat Championship, the SF Warriors held off the TL Bombers to take the AAA-SFJ crown. We hope to have a team photo and more updates soon/someday... :o)
Big Gamerz win AAA-OAK championship
SUN 11/23 (9:00PM) -- In an epic battle, the Big Gamerz staved off the Rising Stars to take the AAA-OAK championship. We hope to have a team photo and more updates soon/someday... :o)
Playoff matchups for 11/9 determined
WED 11/5 (2:30PM) -- AAA-SFJ: I also forgot to mention that we have a three-peat matchup between Hibachi and Visual Basic. If you know dreamleague and if you have been reading stuff this week from the other divisions, you know that usually I don't like to have three-peat matchups when they can be avoided (such as by re-seeding)... More info
TUE 11/4 (11:30PM) -- AAA-OAK: As you can see on the AAA-OAK Playoff Bracket page, the Losers Bracket faces a little twist on 11/9... More info
Matchups for 11/2 determined
WED 10/29 (8:30AM) -- Let's break down the standings and playoff seedings, as well as a quirk in the playoff matchups. First off, since we have 3 conferences, we do it NBA new-school and just seed the top 4 teams by best record and tiebreakers. It's pretty clear: #1 Rain Boys, #2 TL Bombers, and #3 SF Warriors... More info
In the AAA-OAK, I will post the brackets later, but it's like this...
p2-WB: #5 Rising Stars at #1 Big Gamerz
p2-WB: #7 Squadron at #6 Anti-Ballers
p2a-LB: #4 Colossal at #3 Fam
p2b-LB: Winner-Colo/Fam at #2 Tops
...due to 3 low-seed upsets. #2 Tops gets to face the winner of a previous game, since they are the highest seed remaining in the one-and-done Losers Bracket, and there are an odd number teams left in there.
That big man on the Rising Stars is legit
TUE 10/28 (12:30AM) -- I've been getting a few whispers here and there, but just to squash it right now, 6'7" Jonathan Shahvar on the Rising Stars is legitimately an Asian player. I know, he may look like a non-Asian, but he is of Indian descent as you can tell by his last name, which many of you rightfully do not know. I actually brought Shahvar into dreamleague awhile back when I still had my AL hash squad, after getting a random email from him.
Also, you may be wondering what a 6'7" guy is doing in the AAA. Well, it's not like he's Shaq or Amare, and there is some precedent with skinny 6'7" Mike Glass of the DrunkenMasters (Jonathan is a "normal" or non-skinny 6'7"), who has been playing in the AAA or AAA-Veterans for the longest time. Glass also is not that dominant, has a hard time finishing down low, is not surrounded by overwhelming teammates, and can be somewhat neutralized by effective basketball strategizing.
Nevertheless, I've also strongly suggested that the Rising Stars move up to AL or at least AAA-Elite (where Shahvar probably belongs, in a perfect world) should they demonstrate success with Shahvar consistently in the lineup.
Shinobi players re-instated
SAT 10/25 (11:15AM) -- Looks like Ricky Ramos came through on his roster slot for Shinobi, but unfortunately it was after the work was done constructing and posting the schedule for 10/26, so Shinobi was unable to get reinstated for their playoff game. But now that all the outstanding slots are paid for, all Shinobi players are re-instated for future seasons, should they wish to play in dreamleague again.
Auto-forfeits for 10/26
SAT 10/25 (11:15AM) -- Updated. WED 10/22 (7:45AM) -- The following teams are at risk of auto-forfeiting this Sunday 10/26...
Again, online payments made after Friday midnight will not even be checked. For the sake of your team, clear up any discrepancies before then, not at tipoff.
- SF Warriors: 8th game on 10/26, 7 of 9 slots paid, $186 due before tipoff
- Potential: 8th game on 10/26, 7 slots paid, $93 due before tipoff
- DNG: 8th game on 10/26, 7 slots paid, $93 due before tipoff
- Crusaders: 7th and 8th games on 10/26, 6 slots paid, $186 due before tipoff
- HypeOne: 8th game on 10/26, 7 slots paid, $98 due before tipoff
AAA-SFJ matchups for 10/26 determined
THU 10/21 (7:15PM) -- The Southwest vs Northwest or Southwest vs Pacific matchups that involve the SF teams Potential, Crusaders, SF Warriors, and Rain Boys have been determined. But the biggest issue involves the SJ Barons, which you recall had played an early season game against In 10 City, which signed up for the wrong division by bringing in too many impact non-Asian players, and was shipped out to the AAA-E/V. Due to a mathematical error, the SJ Barons will actually play a doubleheader this Sunday 10/26. They will need to win both games to qualify for double-elim playoff status... More info
AAA-OAK playoff matchups depend on Ramos
TUE 10/21 (5:15PM) -- Here are the standings thru 10/19. Here's what we got heading into the playoffs... More info
Entire Shinobi team banned from dreamleague
SAT 10/16 (7:15PM) -- I didn't report this earlier, but Justin Kihara of AAA-OAK Shinobi was suspended earlier this week for the remaining season and playoffs for gross unsportsmanlike conduct at their game on 10/12, as well as his 2nd flagrant foul of the season. As I proceeded to make the final schedule for 10/19, I warned him that they had to pay their roster slot, otherwise I would be hesitant to schedule them in for Sun 10/19, not knowing how they would take the suspension. Kihara said in an email that he would have his teammate pay asap. With that reassurance, I scheduled the team to play this Sunday.
Unfortunately, I got a text message 10 minutes ago saying that they would forfeit and their teammate would not be paying. So, I am once again left holding the bag. I scheduled the gym time and refs for their 8th game and got nothing in return. Therefore, Shinobi and every member on their team is banned from dreamleague, just as The Team headed by Bryan Nguyen was expelled last season after ruining a Sunday at Redwood City Boys & Girls Club -- unless somehow the $92 remaining balance is paid off. Next season, I will probably change the payment structure so that teams are paying 1 slot in advance. You all can thank Nguyen and Kihara or whomever was responsible on their team for that.
Incidentally, I will be taking both Nguyen and Kihara (and Kihara's non-paying teammate) to small claims court. It was not surprising to hear Kihara questioning why I would take a $92 dispute to a court of law, but I am tired of being left holding the bag. And I have the time, energy, and resources to go to court here in Dream League's district of San Francisco. I'm not sure that people who have full-time jobs wanna (1) explain to their boss that they've got to go to court, or (2) have a lawsuit on their record or worse, if the judge rules in my favor, a summary judgment on their record. I will certainly keep you all updated.
Auto-forfeits for 10/19
THU 10/16 (7:30PM) -- The following teams are at risk of auto-forfeiting this Sunday 10/19. Remember, only online payments made by Friday midnight count, and you must make sure the scorekeeper receives and acknowledges your payment on paper if you pay on-site by cash or check. Also, we do not give out change and overpayments cannot be extended to other slots -- it's too much bookkeeping for me to do. Finally, please refrain from calling me on the spot. Take care of your responsibilities well ahead of time, study the Payment Registry now, not at tipoff.
Also, as we approach playoffs, know this: (1) I will automatically forfeit teams when I start scheduling next Tuesday, if they are not fully paid and are about to enter playoffs, and (2) only bring as many players as slots paid -- for example, if you have 9 players, you're supposed to pay for 9 slots and I will not even bother scheduling teams into the playoffs if 8 slots are paid, but the 9th and/or 10th are not...
The Payment Registry will next be updated Saturday morning.
- Anti-Ballers: 8th game on 10/19, 7 slots paid, $92 due before tipoff
- Shinobi: 8th game on 10/19, 7 slots paid, $92 due before tipoff
- DNG: 7th game on 10/19, 6 slots paid, $92 due before tipoff
- Crusaders: 6th game on 10/19, 5 slots paid, $92 due before tipoff
- Tops: 8th game on 10/19, 7 slots paid, $92 due before tipoff
- Colossal: 8th game on 10/19, 7 slots paid, $92 due before tipoff
- Big Gamerz: 8th game on 10/19, 7 slots paid, $92 due before tipoff
- Other teams that have fewer than 8 slots paid (future auto-forfeit warning): SF Warriors, Potential, HypeOne, Sav Mode
Correction on #1 and #2 seeds for AAA-SFJ
WED 10/15 (6:15PM) -- I just realized the NBA takes the top 4 seeds and #1 and #2 can be from the same NBA "division' (which is equivalent to a dreamleague "conference"). So the Rain Boys and TL Bombers could, theoretically, have the #1 and #2 seeds going into the playoffs a couple weeks from now. Sorry about that.
AAA-SFJ matchups for 10/19 determined
WED 10/15 (12:30PM) -- Matchups for 10/19 have been determined. Okay, so here's the situation with AAA-SFJ, which took me awhile to figure out. First off, the SJ Barons already played In 10 City (which is now in the aaa-e/v) near the beginning of the season. As such, the SJ Barons will end with 7 regular season games and that's why I had them pegged for a bye on 10/19... More info
AAA-OAK matchups for 10/19 determined
WED 10/15 (1:15AM) -- Here are the standings thru 10/12... More info
Auto-forfeits for 10/12
SAT 10/11 (1:00AM) -- Remember, online payments after Fri 10/10 at 11:59PM aren't counted because it results in more work for me to chase that down. The following teams are at risk for auto-forfeiting their 10/12 game...
Make sure your payment is written and initialed off by you directly on the front of the scoresheet.
- Anti-Ballers: 7th game on 10/12, 6 slots paid, $91 due before tipoff.
- DNG: 7th game on 10/12, 6 slots paid, $91 due before tipoff.
- HypeOne: 7th game on 10/12, 6 slots paid, $96 due before tipoff.
- Tops: 7th game on 10/12, 5 slots paid, $182 due before tipoff.
- Big Gamerz: 7th game on 10/12, 5 slots paid, $182 due before tipoff.
AAA-SFJ roadmap adjusted for Crus/Bomb
WED 10/8 (9:00PM) -- Crusaders needed a bye 10/12 and got permission from their opponent Bomb Squad to move it to 10/26, resulting in a doubleheader for both teams on 10/26... More info
Auto-forfeits for 10/5
SAT 10/3 (9:00AM) -- Updated. No more online payments will be counted towards 10/5, so here's what we got for tomorrow...
FRI 10/3 (8:00AM) -- Here are the teams at risk of auto-forfeiting this Sunday 10/5. Remember that online payments made only as of Fri 10/3 at 11:59PM will count towards those due on 10/5. If you are listed as "TO BE DETERMINED", that means I don't have your gym binder in my possession to give final confirmation, so in the meantime check the Payment Registry for last week's status and verify with your teammates that they paid on 9/28...
- SF Warriors: 5th game on 10/5, 4 slots paid, $90 due before tipoff
- DNG: 5th game on 10/5, 3 slots paid, $180 due before tipoff
- Crusaders: 5th game on 10/5, 4 slots paid, $90 due before tipoff
- HypeOne: 5th game on 10/5, 4 slots paid, $90 due before tipoff
- Tops: 6th game on 10/5, 5 slots paid, $90 due before tipoff
- Colossal: 6th game on 10/5, 5 slots paid, $90 due before tipoff
- Big Gamerz: 6th game on 10/5, 5 slots paid, $90 due before tipoff
- Bomb Squad AAA: 5th game on 10/5, 0 slots paid, $450 due before tipoff
I hope to have more positive news with a mid-season recap article soon. I already wrote one for 6FT, but I won't be free until late afternoon Fri again to write anything, so we can only hope I have the energy to muster one up soon.
Auto-forfeits have finally caught up to you
SAT 9/27 (9:00PM) -- SO HERE ARE THE TEAMS THAT COULD BE AUTO-FORFEITED THIS SUNDAY:
FRI 9/26 (8:00AM) --
- Big Gamerz: 5th game on 9/28,
2 3 slots paid, $89 x 3 2 due before tipoff.
- Colossal: 4th game on 9/28, 3 slots paid, $89 due before tipoff.
- Tops: 5th game on 9/28, 2 slots paid, $89 x 3 due before tipoff.
- TL Bombers: 5th game on 9/28, 3 slots + $80 paid, $89 + $9 due before tipoff.
I mean, you had to know this was coming. Hey, some of you guys are actually on track here, although there is still risk of auto-forfeiting. Pat on the back to the AAA-E/V! Thanks to Big Tony's efforts with the standings, I can now figure out who owes how many payments. First off, here are the ground rules:
Bomb Squad, DNG, HypeOne: beware next week!.
- All payments must be made before tipoff. None of this, "Oh it's in the car, I'll get it after the game." Heard that one a million times. We're in an age of an ATM on every block. Go down the block. We'll see you soon. Oh and btw, if we have to wait for you, then the pro-rated 7-minute quarter time kicks in. Your opponent's not gonna be happy about that.
- All payments must be made in full. It's $94 for SJ/RWC-based teams and $89 for SF/OAK-based teams this week. Scorekeepers have been instructed not to accept anything less than $94 or $89. And they will not carry change.
- Any online payments must be accompanied by a printed receipt of the Google Checkout payment and given to the scorekeeper. This saves the scorekeeper from calling the commish, who would have to look up the payment receipt in his email inbox, which takes time, which will eat away at your game.
- All payments must be accurately recorded on the front of your scoresheet. If it doesn't, then I have no record of the payment, and your team might end up still owing your slot next week, at $1 more to boot.
- We don't care who pays for your teammate's slot. If you don't want to cover your teammate's spot, then the whole team suffers with the auto-forfeit. We're certainly not in the mood to be left holding the bag.
Modifications made to AAA-SFJ roadmap
WED 9/24 (8:00AM) -- There have been modifications made to the AAA-SFJ roadmap, please see the Updates section to the right of the table. The AAA-OAK roadmap remains unchanged since the last post.
AAA-SFJ season schedule roadmap
TUE 9/10 (5:15PM) -- Here's the season schedule roadmap for AAA-SFJ (finally!)... More info
AAA-OAK season schedule roadmap
TUE 9/9 (10:00AM) -- Here's the season schedule roadmap for AAA-OAK (finally!)... More info