|NL | AL-O | AL | AAA-E/V | AAA-OAK/SFJ | 6FT-OAK/SFJ | A/R-OAK/SFJ | REC|
Payment Registry | Pay For Roster Slot | Bird's Eye View Schedule | REC Playoff Bracket
Underdawg prevails in REC championship
SUN 12/14 (9:00PM) -- In a bracket dominated by SF teams, Underdawg survived a Repeat Championship against S.Rhino to capture the REC championship. We hope to have a team photo and updates or other details soon/someday... :o)
Playoff matchups for 11/16 determined
WED 11/12 (10:30PM) -- I'll get back to posting the playoff roadmap explanation soon, which involves who plays who, but you can already see the bottom line on the REC Playoff Brackets page. First off, I tried to make the locations of the games for 11/16 as fair as possible. Here are the mileages per week for the teams up thru 11/9... More info
Playoff matchups for 11/9 determined
WED 11/5 (12:30PM) -- Looking at the REC Playoff Bracket, we finally had some double-elim status teams drop down to the Losers Bracket after this past weekend 11/2. In the Winners Bracket for 11/9, we have four teams left and all of them have double-elim status, so we'll have two of them drop down for the games on 11/16... More info
Matchups for 11/2 determined
WED 10/29 (1:00PM) -- I'll explain later with an updated Roadmap article, but here are the matchups for 11/2...
p1: #10 Wolverines REC at #7 Dunjoz
p2-WB: #9 What Would Wat Do at #1 Bay Function
p2-WB: #5 Oakland Warriors at #4 S Rhino
p2-WB: #6 All Show No Go at #3 Spartans
p2-WB: Winner-WlvR/Dunj at #2 Underdawg
Matchups for 10/26 determined
WED 10/22 (8:00AM) -- Btw, all teams are paid up as we head into playoffs this weekend. Thanks!!!
TUE 10/21 (10:00PM) -- The REC playoff matchups for 10/26 have been determined. Most, if not all, tiebreakers were determined by head-to-head. The only one that went further than that was WWWD's slight edge over the Wolverines, which with a lack of a head-to-head matchup was determined by finding the common opponents: DGK, the Replacements, and All Show No Go. WWWD went a combined 1-2 against these three teams while the Wolverines went 0-3 against the same three... More info
Auto-forfeits for 10/19
SAT 10/18 (11:30AM) -- Auto-forfeit list updated below. THU 10/16 (8:00PM) -- The following teams are at risk of auto-forfeiting this Sunday 10/19. Remember, only online payments made by Friday midnight count, and you must make sure the scorekeeper receives and acknowledges your payment on paper if you pay on-site by cash or check. Also, we do not give out change and overpayments cannot be extended to other slots -- it's too much bookkeeping for me to do. Finally, please refrain from calling me on the spot. Take care of your responsibilities well ahead of time, study the Payment Registry now, not at tipoff.
Also, as we approach playoffs, know this: (1) I will automatically forfeit teams when I start scheduling next Tuesday, if they are not fully paid and are about to enter playoffs, and (2) only bring as many players as slots paid -- for example, if you have 9 players, you're supposed to pay for 9 slots and I will not even bother scheduling teams into the playoffs if 8 slots are paid, but the 9th and/or 10th are not...
The Payment Registry will next be updated Saturday morning.
- What Would Wat Do: 8th game on 10/19, 7 slots paid, $92 due before tipoff
- Spartans: 8th game on 10/19, 7 slots paid, $92 due before tipoff
- Wolverines: 8th game on 10/19, 6 slots paid, $184 due before tipoff
- Bay Function: 8th game on 10/19, 7 slots paid, $92 due before tipoff
- All Show No Go: 8th game on 10/19, 7 slots paid, $92 due before tipoff
Matchups for 10/19 determined
WED 10/15 (6:45PM) -- Matchups for 10/19 have been pinned. I'll explain it all later... More info
Auto-forfeits for 10/12
SAT 10/11 (1:30AM) -- Remember, online payments after Fri 10/10 at 11:59PM aren't counted because it results in more work for me to chase that down. The following teams are at risk for auto-forfeiting their 10/12 game...
Make sure your payment is written and initialed off by you directly on the front of the scoresheet.
- Replacements: 7th game on 10/12, 6 slots paid, $91 due before tipoff.
- Spartans: 7th game on 10/12, 6 slots paid, $91 due before tipoff.
- DGK: 8th game on 10/12, 6 slots paid, $182 due before tipoff.
- Wolverines REC: 7th game on 10/12, 6 slots paid, $91 due before tipoff.
- Bay Function: 7th game on 10/12, 5 slots paid, $182 due before tipoff.
- Technics: 7th game on 10/12, 6 slots paid, $91 due before tipoff.
Matchups for 10/12 determined
WED 10/8 (10:30PM) -- Determined 10/12 matchups and adjusted 10/19 accordingly. Swapped the location from West to East because PHRC is still not available for 10/12... More info
Auto-forfeits for 10/5
SAT 10/3 (9:00AM) -- Updated. No more online payments will be counted towards 10/5, so here's what we got for tomorrow...
FRI 10/3 (8:00AM) -- Here are the teams at risk of auto-forfeiting this Sunday 10/5. Remember that online payments made only as of Fri 10/3 at 11:59PM will count towards those due on 10/5...
- Underdawgs: 6th game on 10/5, 5 slots paid, $90 due before tipoff
- Replacements: 6th game on 10/5, 5 slots paid, $90 due before tipoff
- What Would Wat Do: 6th game on 10/5, 5 slots paid, $90 due before tipoff
- Bay Function has a bye on 10/5, but is behind by 1 roster slot
- TEAMS AT RISK ON 10/12: Bay Function, Spartans, Technics, DGK.
I hope to have more positive news with a mid-season recap article soon. I already wrote one for 6FT, but I won't be free until late afternoon Fri again to write anything, so we can only hope I have the energy to muster one up soon.
Auto-forfeits have finally caught up to you
SAT 9/27 (9:00PM) -- SO HERE ARE THE TEAMS THAT COULD BE AUTO-FORFEITED THIS SUNDAY:
FRI 9/26 (8:00AM) -- I mean, you had to know this was coming. Thanks to Big Tony's efforts with the standings, I can now figure out who owes how many payments. First off, here are the ground rules:
- Smokey: 5th game on 9/28, 3 slots paid, $89 x 2 due before tipoff.
- BayFunction: 5th and 6th games on 9/28, 3 slots paid, $89 x 3 due before tipoff.
- Technics: 6th game on 9/28, 4 slots paid, $89 x 2 due before tipoff.
- DGK: 6th game on 9/28,
2 3 slots paid, $89 x 4 3 due before tipoff.
- Replacements: 5th game on 9/28, 2 slots paid, $89 x 3 due before tipoff.
I'm not all that thrilled about DGK and the Replacements.
- All payments must be made before tipoff. None of this, "Oh it's in the car, I'll get it after the game." Heard that one a million times. We're in an age of an ATM on every block. Go down the block. We'll see you soon. Oh and btw, if we have to wait for you, then the pro-rated 7-minute quarter time kicks in. Your opponent's not gonna be happy about that.
- All payments must be made in full. It's $94 for SJ/RWC-based teams and $89 for SF/OAK-based teams this week. Scorekeepers have been instructed not to accept anything less than $94 or $89. And they will not carry change.
- Any online payments must be accompanied by a printed receipt of the Google Checkout payment and given to the scorekeeper. This saves the scorekeeper from calling the commish, who would have to look up the payment receipt in his email inbox, which takes time, which will eat away at your game.
- All payments must be accurately recorded on the front of your scoresheet. If it doesn't, then I have no record of the payment, and your team might end up still owing your slot next week, at $1 more to boot.
- We don't care who pays for your teammate's slot. If you don't want to cover your teammate's spot, then the whole team suffers with the auto-forfeit. We're certainly not in the mood to be left holding the bag.
Some significant swaps in the REC roadmap
WED 9/24 (5:15PM) -- Due to BayF's late-season bye request for 10/5, some significant swaps were made in the REC roadmap. The net is this... More info
Modifications made to REC roadmap
WED 9/24 (8:00AM) -- There have been modifications made to the REC roadmap, please see the Updates section to the right of the table.
REC Season Schedule Roadmap
TUE 9/9 (10:00AM) -- Here's the season schedule roadmap for REC (finally!)... More info