2007__Gold Rush to San Francisco (6-FOOT)
|OPEN | 6FT | INT | Bird's Eye View Schedule | Gold Rush Info Page|
DECEMBER 11, 2007 (8:00AM) -- The Delano Renegades won their second-straight Gold Rush championship over Bay Area Select. Add to that the Delano Killa Beez' Summer Vegas 2007 championship and now you have a Delano team winning our last three 6FT division championships ('06 Gold Rush, '07 Vegas). Delano Dynasty, anyone? In the final, Bay Area Select's Mike Meehlieb would juke a couple defenders and hit a jumpshot swish trey to maybe cut the lead to two possessions, only to have Junior Pagalan come back on the other end with his own tear-your-heart-out from downtown or nifty drive to the hoop, to keep the buffer enough for the convincing Renegades championship. Pagalan would probably win the MVP if we had the wherewithal to select an all-tourney team (kinda hard when you got a million things on your plate and you know the stats won't be updated for quite some time).
So anyways, the scores have been posted on the Bird's Eye page, but I won't quite get around to the boxscores on the SCHEDULE/SCORES page as well as the resultant PLAYER STATS page until I finish the following during the holidays...
The next tournament(s) to put on your calendars might be...
- Make one more update to the Summer Vegas 2007 tournament recap
- Input stats for the Vegas 2007 Asian American National Championship
- Write the tourney recap for the Vegas 2007 AANC
Email me if any of the above interest you. If I don't hear anything, then I'm assuming there might not be enough traction.
- SoCal Regional (mid-Jan?) -- this is a totally new idea and I'd like to piggyback it with the proposed IndoPak Nationals, but I sure wish the IndoPak contingent in LA would commit to something. They were thinking of MLK/President's Day Weekend mid-January. 6FT Ichiban (LA) already suggested running a tourney down in LA, coincidentally.
- New Orleans All-Star Weekend (2/16-17) -- this was gonna be a FREE tournament (with expected donations to New Orleans), but airfares look pretty expensive right now; who knows, maybe our Houston brethren from a couple years back would like to make the drive out.
- All-Star Weekend in Vegas (2/16-17) -- this might make more sense if New Orleans falls through (Delano Killa Beez have already asked about it).
- Beijing Olympics with Shanghai and Manila Tournament -- I'm seriously thinking about adding a Manila, Philippines component to this trip (obviously this will not be cheap, but it will be ONCE IN A LIFETIME)
Anyways, thanks to all of you for participating this year and check back after the holidays for stats, recaps, and a few photos and video clips.
Quickie results from 12/8
DECEMBER 9, 2007 (8:30AM) -- See Bird's Eye for scores from 12/8. Here are seeds...
1. Delano Renegades (2-0) [+35]
2. Delano Allies (2-0) [+20]
3. Ichiban (2-0) [+17]
4. Prodigies (1-1) [+4]
5. SuperBad (1-1) [-1]
6. Bay Area Select (1-1) [-2] -- strength of victory = 13
7. SF Lions (1-1) [-2] -- strength of victory = 8
- - - - -
8. Cali Xpress (1-1) [-3]
9. Trybe (0-2) [-16]
10. New Era (0-2) [-19]
11. Warriors (0-2) [-19]
Cali Xpress vs New Era for 8th and final spot in playoffs.
6FT team previews
DECEMBER 7, 2007 (5:00PM) -- Here are some team previews for INT, in alphabetical order...Good luck, everyone! Can't wait to see how it unfolds. Honestly speaking, I cannot pick a favorite. A Final Four of Renegades, Prodigies, Ichiban and Cali Xpress would represent the last 2 years' worth of champions and runners-up at Gold Rush and Vegas... More info
Eleven 6FT teams
DECEMBER 7, 2007 (3:30PM) -- Welcome to San Francisco! I'll be posting a brief preview of the teams soon. The schedule has been posted both on the Bird's Eye page (link is above) and the SCHEDULE/SCORES page (link on the lefthand navigation column).
Please note that if there are any discrepancies, go by the Bird's Eye because it's a straight copy/paste from my scheduling spreadsheet. The SCHEDULE/SCORES page requires me to click a million things and hit submit, so is more subject to human error. Let's recap the tourney format with the field of eleven 6FT teams... More info