|Up-to-date as of 1/3/2007 3:15PM|
2006-07 Winter/Spring Season Starts in mid-January!
|Frequently Asked Questions|
|Payments (mod. for NYC)||Roster (mod. for NYC)|
|Latest and Greatest|
|(1/4) 9 slots for NL, AL, and AAA... More info|
(1/4) VERY IMPORTANT LOGISTICAL STUFF...
(1/4) The only thing that guarantees your team is playing is via the online payments...
(1/4) We're finally updated. Please check all FAQs before emailing us a question.
(1/4) Exciting new ways to PLAY FOR FREE, such as blogging about your league and being a statmonger!... More info
|More Notes from the Commish|
- Pay in full for your team's entry into the league (see payment button on the right column). DON'T FORGET TO SPECIFY YOUR TEAM NAME IN THE SHIP-TO ADDRESS!
- Register your team's captain, roster, and preferences.
- All players who have not done so in the past must submit an ONLINE WAIVER. Then await confirmation email from league office.
START DATES: Talk to your teammates, then carefully enter information when you register your team...
- Most likely, we will be kicking off games on Wed 1/17 and subsequent to that will play games on Thursdays, Sundays, the occassional Saturdays, and on even rarer occassions, other mutual convenient dates that we can schedule on an as needed basis.
- Please pay in full up front in order to guarantee your team a spot in the division of your choice.
- If you choose to pay on your team's first game day, we will inform you of how that is looking as far as your still being able to hold a spot. Remember, it's a first pay, first served season.
- If you choose to pay in installments over the course of a few weeks, or the season, that will more than likely not be available this season as we are requesting everything up front, or soon after the season launches (if your team has a spot still.)
END DATES: Probably 4/4/2007 or 4/5/2007, depending on when the bulk of teams start.
- There are 9 regular season games plus 1 or 2 bye weeks, plus holidays. Playoffs usually last 4 or 5 weeks.
- Holidays and big tournaments are usually league-wide byes:
- Schedules can morph or be extended according to majority team availabilities and unforeseen circumstances with gym constraints.
- (1/3) Schedule - games will likely start on either 1/17, 1/18, or 1/21. We can only have 9 teams in each division (NL, AL, AAA). For more questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (1/3) Here are some very important logistical issues for this season.
- We do our best to grant all schedule requests, but may not be able to fulfill all of them, so it's best your team is ready to play on any of the game days. If this is a huge problem, you may be best served in not committing to a season. For those requests, please get them into us early! (Will repeat this point soon...)
- If you have players playing on more than one team, you must tell us otherwise you run the risk of the player playing in back to back games, which he may not want.
- Get your team's weekly tipoff preferences in early. Scheduling this many teams is a very robotic process. Get your data in early and there's less likelihood of the robot messing up.
- All players must complete an ONLINE WAIVER if they have not done so in the past, otherwise they will not be allowed to step foot on the court.
- (1/3) Things are starting to get hectic with more and more teams/people signing up. The only thing that guarantees your team is playing is via the online payments. It's a first pay-first served policy. There may be more teams than we can field this season (9 each in the NL, AL, and AAA divisions) so in order to be fair, we will be abiding by this pay to play policy. REPEAT: The only thing that guarantees your team is playing is via the online payments. If you wish to take your chances and pay on the first day, or pay in installments, we'll update you as far as whether there will be spots available for your team to do so. Those paid in full up front won't have to worry about this!
- (1/3) We're finally updated. Please check all FAQs before emailing us a question.
- (1/3) Exciting new ways to PLAY FOR FREE, such as blogging about your league and being a statmonger!... More info
- (1/3) Welcome to our 8th consecutive season with the 2007 Winter edition of the Asian American Dream League!
- (1/4) Team Entry Fees are posted! Go to the Payment Page.
- (1/5) Rumour Mill/Teams Updated! Go to the Rumour Mill Page.
- (1/9) Please consider making a donation to the The Robert Lee Memorial Fund. The New York Cruisers Coach Rob Lee passed away on December 30, 2006 all too soon.