|Please see the SCHEDULE/SCORES page for stats. Some select notes and video highlights from 3/4. For videos, you can right-click and select Full Screen to see a bigger video, or click on the URL link to go straight to the source upload...|
Syuhn's Quentin Wu gets things started with a drive to the hole that Dave Chen puts back. URL
Up In Smoke's Vince Chooi misses twice but gets his own rebound for the putback and-one. URL
Even Dave Kim got into the action with another setup from Quentin Wu. URL
Syuhn Fung 80, Up In Smoke 77
Prodigies 63, Bench Gremlin 57
- Quentin Wu hit a trey with 2 seconds left to give Syuhn Fung the win.
- We expected to see a 3-point barrage to start, but Vince Chooi actually got a majority of his points inside on drives and putbacks of his own misses in the first half (8 rebounds for Chooi in the first half!). The absence of center Yih-Wei Chien probably had something to do with the bizarro offense.
- Up In Smoke went cold in the 4th, getting outscored 19-12 in the quarter.
- Hitting on offense for Syuhn Fung were Dave Chen, Ed Pan, Wu, and even Mike Lee.
- Chooi had 13 of his 24 in the 2nd half and Gerrick Ong added 3 treys.
Prodigies 60, Ballaz By Law 54
- 2nd quarter decisive for Prodigies at they outscored Gremlin 24-14 to take a 33-25 lead into halftime. Torrent Lee, Barry Lee, and Dan Matsumura all got hot that quarter.
- Second-hand information here, but Prodigies were reportedly up by 20 at one point before Ricky Chu led the BBL comeback, only to fall short.
Syuhn's Johnny Ng hits a jumper off a feed from Quentin Wu. URL
Early in the game, Ron Rillo of UIS drills a three, then Ed Pan of Syuhn does a catch-and-fade, followed by good defense on Vince Chooi by Quentin Wu leading to a Syuhn Fung fast break. URL